We all know that new carpeting can be an expensive purchase and that residential carpet cleaners need to make regular visits to help you keep your carpet clean and in good condition. Regular cleanings are crucial to help your carpeting last as long as possible. There are a few things you can do that will help extend the life of your carpet.
The four types of cleaning you need to do to preserve your carpets are vacuuming, spot cleaning, interim cleaning and restorative cleaning.
1. Vacuuming is often an undervalued way of keeping your carpets clean and fresh smelling. It is your best line of defense against a soiled carpet. If you vacuum consistently you can eliminate anywhere between 80% and 95% of the dry soils that typically get stuck in a carpet. Soil that has been on a carpet for an extended period of time will seep into the fibers of the carpet.
2. Spot cleaning will also help preserve your carpets. To remove a stain on the carpet caused by liquid, you need to blot the area with a clean towel.
3. Interim cleaning involves using a carpet extractor to remove soil and keep a carpet looking new.
4. Restorative cleaning needs to be performed by a cleaning specialist. The easiest way to do this is to contact residential carpet cleaners in your area.
5. The amount of cleaning your carpet will require depends on the appearance of the carpet. It could be new, good, fair, poor or even unacceptable. A 10 year old carpet can even look new with the proper care.
All in all, having residential carpet cleaners in for regular care and maintenance can help you extend your carpet’s beautiful service for many years to come. Call or click today to schedule your next appointment.