If you own a home that has stucco or vinyl siding it is inevitable that those surfaces will get dirty and in many cases become molded and mildewed. Understanding this, you know you’ve got to find a way to clean your house. One of the best tools available to clean siding and stucco on houses is the trusted power washer.
Below you find 9 steps that lead to successfully pressure washing your house.
1. The first thing that you want to do is cover all of your plants as well as any electrical outlets with sheets, plastic or some sort of tarp.
2. You will want to take the time to pretreat any mold, mildew and stains that exist before you begin the actual pressure washing process. You can pretreat these existing conditions with a mixture of bleach, dish washing liquid and water.
3. Make sure you understand the concept of safety first. With that being said, make sure to wear safety glasses. You definitely do not want to get any of the chemicals being used in your eyes. Also make sure that you are wearing non-slip shoes.
4. Connect the water hose to the power washer. This might seem like something that would be obvious, but make sure the power washer is on the outside of the house.
5. Turn the machine on.
6. First spray the house with clean water in order to loosen the dirt. Use slow and smooth horizontal motions.
7. Add a washing detergent that is specified for the type of siding on your house. You can find the right detergent at any home improvement store.
8. Spray the house with the washing detergent in the same manner you sprayed it with the clear water.
9. Finally, rinse the entire house with clear water and make sure to remove all soap and residue left behind by the detergent.
This should have your house looking like new.
Of course, this is a time-consuming, somewhat messy, and potentially very wet task for most homeowners. If you’d rather do just about anything else besides pressure washing your house, leave this job for the pros at Whitehall Carpet.
Schedule your pressure washing appointment online here: http://www.whitehallcarpetcleaners.com/make-an-appointment