Leather is a fantastically versatile material, and excellent for use in furniture. However, caring for and cleaning leather furniture isn't quite as straightforward as it is for furniture made from other materials.
Here are 5 tips for keeping your leather furniture clean:
1. Identify the type of leather - There are many different types of leathers, and some need special care. Find out what kind of leather you have and research what cleaning methods are recommended for it.
2. Dust regularly - A good universal leather furniture cleaning method. You can also use a wet cloth to clean highly-used areas of the furniture.
3. Gentle soap - You can use gentle, non-oil soap and a damp cloth to wash away dirt and the like. Avoid using strong soaps.
4. Leather cleaning products - Many companies produce specialized cleaning products for leather furniture and other leather goods.
5. Keep out of the sun - Extended exposure to direct sunlight can cause leather to fade. Similarly, heat sources can damage your leather furniture. Keep it well away from either direct sunlight or heat sources, such as space heaters.
Consult the upholstery cleaning experts at Whitehall Carpet. They will help you to find the best choice to get your leather furniture clean.