It’s almost summer! Time to get the boat ready for those long, sunny days on the water. Is your boat ready yet? You’re probably not the only one procrastinating on boat cleaning and prep. Here’s a spring cleaning checklist to get your boat ready for summer.
The outside of your boat needs attention before you hit the water. Some things to focus on:
• Clean the deck and topside with a mild detergent
• Clean and wax the hull
• Clean windows and glass with a water and vinegar solution
• Clean and shine the metal fittings
• Clean and oil any teak
• Wipe vinyl upholstery clean and add protectant
It’s important to give the cabin attention consistently to keep dirt and grime from building up. Here’s your cabin cleaning checklist.
1. Clean blinds or canvas window coverings
2. Wash windows and fixtures with a vinegar and water solution
3. Clean and oil teak fittings
4. Wash and polish and metal fixtures and fittings
5. Wipe down walls and vinyl upholstery
6. Vacuum flooring, benches, and sleeping areas
7. Clean and dry carpeting and upholstery
Whew! That’s a lot of work. Want to take some of the backache out of your spring boat cleaning while still checking off your list? Have your carpets and upholstery professionally cleaned. If left untreated, your boat interior can get dirt and stain buildup, and the longer it sits, the harder it is to get out. Instead of relying on just spot cleaning alone, have all of the carpet and upholstery done professionally to be sure you start off the season with a clean slate.
Call Whitehall Carpet Cleaners today. Our professionals have extensive experience with boat cleaning. Don’t put it off – get your boat cleaning off your to-do list! Click here for more information on Whitehall’s boat cleaning services.