• How Can Water Damage Cleanup Keep Us from Getting Sick from Mold?

    Carpet being cleaned

    When water damage occurs in your home, it’s more than just a wet floor. Serious damage can occur when you have a flood or a leak in your home. One of the biggest concerns is mold, which can be toxic and dangerous to you and your family. Here’s how proper cleanup can keep you from getting sick.

    What Is Mold and Why Is It Dangerous?

    Mold is a fungus that grows in warm, wet areas. Exposure to mold can cause everything from a small skin rash to congestion, sore throat, itchy eyes, headaches, fatigue, dizziness, and even respiratory issues. It can take a toll on your well-being and your health.

    How Is Water Damage Treated to Prevent Mold?

    Proper water damage cleanup includes a series of steps that will ensure the water is removed completely. Here’s a breakdown of what takes place:

    • Water extraction: This is the first and most important step to remove the water from the area, and must be done as soon as possible to prevent mold from taking hold.

    • Drying: The area must be dried with industrial fans and specialized drying equipment that gets under flooring, cabinets, and walls where mold can start where you can’t see it.

    • Cleaning: Proper cleaning of your flooring and the areas around the water damage will help prevent mold by cleaning up any bacteria and moisture that can lead to mold growth.

    Mold is toxic and dangerous but is really common when you have a leak or a flood in your home. Proper cleanup can help keep mold away and help keep you and your family from getting sick. If you need water damage cleanup, contact the experts at Whitehall Carpet Cleaners today.


    By: Matt Lashway Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Two ways to schedule:
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • linkedin