Should you call in a water damage specialist when you have a leak?
Water damage happens all the time. Even when people have brand-new appliances, a leak can still happen if water hoses are not hooked up correctly. Maybe the appliance was moved and the hose was pinched in the process, causing a leaky crack. However the situation occurred, leaking appliances need to be addressed immediately. Water damage goes far beyond the nuisance of having to clean up all that water.
Here are the steps to take when your appliances start leaking:
1. Turn off the water supply right away.
2. Call your water damage specialist to make sure they get to your property as soon as possible. This is why it’s always a great idea to choose a water damage specialist who offers around-the-clock emergency service.
3. Allow the water damage specialist full access to the affected areas. They will bring specialized equipment to remove the standing water, vacuum it out of carpets and rugs, and dry the floor and walls as rapidly as possible. Even if you have a shop-vac handy, the safest course of action is to let your water damage specialist handle the problem.
4. During and after the specialist’s visit, follow his or her instructions closely. This will likely include providing adequate ventilation through the affected area for an extended period of time to prevent the growth of mold and mildew in walls and carpets.
5. Once it’s safe to re-enter the affected area, examine the source of the leak and have it fully repaired before turning the water supply back on.
Leaking appliances can quickly bring your business to a screeching halt. They can also cause a tremendous amount of damage in your home. That’s why you need to keep Whitehall Carpet Cleaners in your speed dial. We provide emergency water damage services to homes and businesses all over the Columbia, SC area.
If you need a water damage specialist now, click this link or call Whitehall at 803-513-6317 or 803-673-1801 for immediate assistance.